Friday

All round good bloke


Mr Corbin Harris in the building

Corbin Harris - He is the host of the only action sports talkshow in Australasia, an author, clothes designer, FUEL TV presenter... o and Professional skateboarder!

Sydney born and bred, this man clearly has many talents and his fingers in all the pies. But with so many achievements to his name you wouldn't expect the sexy, down to earth and just typical bloke that he is.

When you think skateboarder there is a typical stereotype but Corbin has broken this mould, Well groomed, well educated, clean cut and extremely articulate, Corbin is down right the best ambassador for his sport and is destined to take skateboarder as far as it can go.

I was lucky enough to met corbin a few years back and was blown away by all that he had achieved and yet how none of it had gone to his head, he was just as laid back as ever.. all round good bloke with a goal.
I asked Corbin to fill me in on what he's got going on at the moment...


So what's on the list for world domination this year?
I've just wrapped filming on the first season of my new show on FUEL TV, POP GUN, which I'm extremely proud of. The show was a collaborative creation, a concept brought to life by me, Jeremy Hancock and the team at FUEL TV. We had the biggest names in action sport, that Australia has ever seen on the show including the likes of Kelly Slater, Tony Hawk, Georges St Pierre, BJ Penn, Robbie Maddsion and more. I was really stoked to kick start the year on such a high.

Professionally, I'm now working on a new video that will be released mid-year for Element Skateboards and will soon head over to the USA to LA and NYC where I'll be filming more campaigns for my sponsors. While there I'll also take part in a charity contest with Ryan Shecker and work on some potential business ventures with one of my best mates. I'm also really excited about an upcoming project with RED BULL that will involve a skate contest in Melbourne. There's heaps on my plate but I'm really looking forward to it all!

You have travelled all round the world and skated with some of the best, how do you stay grounded?
Ha ha. I don't think I've ever thought about it, but thanks buddy! I suppose I have an amazing family who support me like no other and I'm good a picking great mates, girlfriends and people that I sourround myself with. But in all seriousness, I've got awesome people in my life who keep me grounded and always put me back in my place if I get outline. I always give time to the people who got me to where I am today. Without them, I'd be nobody.

Talk us through What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Touring and being a part of some of the best companies in my industry is definitely a highlight for me. Plus being mates with some of the greatest skateboarders and athletes in the world is pretty cool, I sometimes have to pinch myself when I think about how fortunate I am. I also love the creative aspect of my career. I love coming up with ideas and concepts and working with talented people to who help me bring these to life.

Anything we can come check you out at soon?
There's heaps on the horizon but a lot of it is still under wraps. Keep track of me through my Twitter and website as I've got some really exciting stuff that I'll be announcing soon. Plus, you can win a bunch of FREE stuff too!

Tell me something people don't know about you?
Here's a couple of facts most people wouldn't know... My favourite food is broccoli, I love technology and clothes, a lot, and my dad once was the backup singer for Daryl Braithwaite! Snap.





Check his website out here www.corbinharris.com.au
Thanks to Google images for Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment