Thursday

5 Questions with Aus Designer Rachel Gilbert


For the month of December I'm going to chat with Australian designers and ask them the questions you want to know.

In Australia we are so lucky to have such a wide range of incredible and talented designers, and all standing on their own when it comes to creativity.

I have a long list of designers that I love but this blog is not big enough of all of them, so I am going to introduce you to a few that I am lucky to wear on a regular basis and know personally.

THIS WEEK
How did Rachel Gilbert start in the fashion Industry?
After working with some very inspirational designers such as Lisa Ho, Peter Morrissey, Nicky Hilton's brand, Chick, I created the Brand in 2007 which I launched at Australian Fashion Week.
It has been such an incredible 5 years since launching the brand.


Dresses are your forte. what inspires you when designing?
Everything inspires me, my nearest and dearest, strangers walking down the street, culture, artists.
I draw inspiration from many places but my customers army main source of inspiration.


Your dresses have been spotted on some big stars recently, who is the most famous to date to rock RG?
We've recently been dressing the likes of Princess Beatrice, Kylie Minogue, Delta Goodrem, Heidi Klum, Blake Lively, Mel B.
It's so fabulous to see them all look gorgeous in Rachel Gilbert.


What can we look forward too for winter 2012?
Some strong vibrant colours, tangerine, emerald greens and its all about the gowns and that perfect cocktail dress next season.
Expect to see some necklines a little higher and a few hemlines longer and of coarse in true Rachel Gilbert style, a whole lot of embellishment!


What are your favourite current pieces, that are MUST HAVES?
Summer is upon us and I am loving our Canary colour at the moment!
The Samba Maxi Gown is the perfect summer dress, and with NYE around the corner I am choosing between our silver Elenora dress and the Elly dress to wear to bring in the new year!

Here are a few photos of my favourite RG designs I've rocked to date. Her outfits are always so sophisticated and suit your every occasion.
www.rachelgilbert.com

No comments:

Post a Comment