Sunday

Taking on a new role...


This summer I’m partnering up with Surf Life Saving Australia in the hope of raising the bar on skin safety at the beach this summer. I had a recent skin cancer scare and it really drummed in to me that no one is safe from the harsh Australian sun, no matter what skin type you are. If you’re not wearing sunscreen and other protection, you’re at risk of skin damage and I have always been cautious when it comes to the sun, but it proves that we are not invincible and we do need to take better care when it comes to having fun in the sun.

Surf Life Saving (SLS) today launches a new SLS Sunscreen range that provides added protection in our harsh Australian sun. When it comes to sunscreen it's a simple choice to pick a product from the experts on our Australian beaches.

It's the nature of my job that I spend alot of my time outdoors and in the sun. A few weeks ago I was told by a doctor that a freckle on my shin was a serious concern, I realized just how important it is to be vigilant about sunscreen application.

64% Of Australian's think it safe to spend time in the sun unprotected by sunscreen, and these figures are scary considering the effect the sun has on all of us. The reality is there are too many skin cancer deaths in Australia and we all need to take a safe healthy approach when it come to the beach and being outdoors as there is no such thing as safe tanning.

Im really excited about getting behind Surf Life Saving Australia and helping to launch this fantastic new product which from sales all funds are injected back into the SLS to help expand and improve their services through the community.

Available in all pharmacy's from 29th November 2010 . Five sizes ranging from Zinc stick $9.25 to 1 litre $34.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment