Thursday

Inside Melbourne Cup Carnival


I have been so fortunate this year to have worked for clients and brands that have truly been dream jobs and about 4 weeks ago I landed yet another dream job, Host of MYER Fashions on the Field at Melbourne Cup Carnival. After pinching myself and screaming whilst jumping up and down, I threw myself into the role. I had the pleasure of sharing the stage with UK fashion designer and down right funny guy, Jeff Banks. Together over the course of three main race days we hosted MYER Fashions on the Field, which included Millinery awards, Design Awards, Men's Fashions and more. I really enjoy jobs that push me and test my abilities and with all of this being live and filmed by channel seven, I certainly achieved the impossible (Well for me anyway). 

Like any true fairytale, I had access to the most exquisite outfits thanks to MYER  and worked with and alongside some of Australia's top Milliners and designers to create my race day looks. We really do have such iconic brands in Australia and to work with such big names is surreal. 

For those of you not really understanding MYER Fashions on the Field. It's a competition that happens nationally, with judges picking the best race wear look from hundreds of entrants. The winner from each state then travels to Melbourne and competes in the Grand Final held on Oaks Day. Derby Day and Cup Day in Melbourne are two other competition days giving ladies a chance to make it into the Oaks Day Grand Final. Now if you wondering why people enter, well not only is it a chance to style yourself in the most incredible looks but the prize pool was over $400,000! The winner took home a brand new Lexus valued at over $77,000, Trip for 2 overseas, Antlar Luggage, A Longines Watch and the list goes on. 





 After each day on stage I was able to go and enjoy the MYER Marquee which was located in the birdcage. This year the Myer Marquee was inspired by our new brand position ‘find wonderful’, which features a whimsical display of fashion, art and design which guests will discover throughout the day. The marquee was designed by the team at Gloss Creative and features amazing displays of coloured orchids by Fleur Florist in Armadale.
The marquee’s colour palette pays tribute to our talented designers, with Spring Summer collection shades such as ‘Alex Perry Yellow’ and ‘by johnny Pink’ dotted throughout. Huge illustrations by renowned artist Cat McLeod, whose designs are featured in our ‘find wonderful’ brand film, decorate the white walls.

 









So what did I wear during the week. Well all the information is below. 









A huge thank you to the amazing team at VRC, MYER for dressing me and to Julia Green for Hair and Make Up. I stayed at the Sofitel on Collins while I was in Melbourne and would like to give a shout out to Terrence at concierge for looking after me. Such friendly staff and great location. 

And that's a wrap. 

Nikki xox 

All looks are or will be available at MYER

No comments:

Post a Comment